Monday, September 10, 2007

Man of Iron

Big congratulations today to my good friend Alex who finished Ironman Wisconsin yesterday. It was his second trip to Ironman Moo and his third Ironman overall. He turned in a time of 12:10 which I think was about 5 min slower than his effort a few years back. Although rumor has it that he hadn't been on his bike in the 3 weeks prior. So with that said....Nice work man!!

One of the few pics of Alex I could find... It's from when we did Ranier last spring. I believe that his tri suit was a little less bulky!!

Photo flashback....from when I thought that running and swimming were cool. I want to do Ironman again someday for sure....

I was dumb (??) enough to do Ironman three different times posting a personal best of 11:49. I was never a great runner and that usually held me back the most. Although I was lucky enough to be on the 1st and 3rd place collegiate mens teams for the National Championships in 2003 & 2004 which were held at Ironman Wisconsin. O' the memories of pain are creeping back now....

No comments: