Sunday, April 8, 2007

Back at It...


Once again I headed out for a 4 hour ride today. This time I headed over to Ledges St. Park and the hills over by the DM river to get some climbing work in. On smooth gravel, I was impressed by the difference in a HT vs. a full suspension bike. I could accelerate like nobody's business and climb like a mountain goat. However on rougher and loose stuff, I suffered....as expected. Ah well, can't have it all. I'm not sure of my mileage because the bike doesn't have a computer as of yet, and my GPS that I jimmy rigged to the handlebar with some black tape ran out of batteries about an hour or so into the ride. But I would guess that it was in the 55-60 range. Also, I figured that I should have a proper Easter dinner halfway through so I stopped at McDonalds and hit up the good ole dollar menu. I know what you're saying....not good fuel for riding...but when its friggin cold out, a little fat in the belly is just soooooo good! Alright, that's all I've got....Peace

No comments: