Sunday, February 10, 2008

Make like a mountain goat

Yesterday I headed out to enjoy the warm weather and get in some much needed saddle time. I headed up rist canyon and enjoyed the burn. The winds got super strong towards the top and a few gusts almost blew me off the road. Overall it was a good trip into the land of lactic acid.

Up...Up...Up. I sure do appreciate the new compact crank I put on a few weeks back.

Good advise I guess??

Today I headed out again and opted to ride up the Poudre Caynon road. It's not as steep as Rist Canyon, but you can set a good tempo and cruise on up. Needless to say, it's a real fun road to ride on and I'm sure I'll be heading back there soon. I finished off with a little over 3 hours of saddle time. Not too great, but considering my training has been taking a backseat lately...actually it's basically been put into the trunk, it's a good start. I'm planning on hitting it hard again now that I don't have to rummage through boxes before every ride....makes things much more enjoyable. Also, I have a hot tub about 20 feet from my door that is coming in pretty handy....

Set that tempo and pound on...

On another note, I heard these guys live at the X-games and they rock. I'm now 100% addicted to listening to them while riding!!

No comments: