Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Moon shadows


I watch the sunset most weeknights from my bike seat and for some reason that time of day just gets me stoked. Last night I headed out for some chill saddle time on Blue Sky (or as I call it - The trail of endless flow, followed by gnarly rocks, followed by more endless flow). Temps were in the 60's when I rolled out, and before I knew it the sun was setting, I was still smiling, and well.... still flowing. So I watched the sun slip behind the mountains and since the temps were still warm (well other than the valley bottoms - there the temp dropped like a lead balloon) I kept riding. I finished the ride under the light of the full moon while chasing my moon shadow down the trail in front of me. Good times!


3 comments:

Sonya said...

Breathtaking!

Paul said...

So awesome!

Anonymous said...

Compaction, erosion, etc.