Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Beat down

Today was the second week of the NBST series, and after a spin to the brewery I opted to race in the A category based on last weeks result. About 28 people toed the A race line and we were off in a huge cloud of dust. The first lap I was in the thick of it and almost went down a few times from crossing bars and wheels with other riders in the mad pack. However around the 2nd or 3rd lap, it was apparent my legs wanted nothing to do with racing. Absolutely no power...so I just sat up a bit and rode a moderately hard pace the rest of the race. However, I felt like a 9 year old on a trike could of beaten me at times. I don't know what the reason was. Could be the super hard bleed-out-my-eyes ride up Rist Canyon on Sunday or the fact I now have a nose that runs like a leaky faucet. Regardless, it all adds up in the training basket. In other news, the 6 hr race at Seven Oaks is looking better every day, so I might be making a trip back to Ames in a few weeks to shred some all too familiar singletrack.

No comments: