Friday, November 14, 2008

This 'n that

Been getting out for some noontime rides this week. I still have a few more weeks of slacking in this off-season thing, but I just can't seem to stay off the bike. Even if that bike is my old tri bike. 650 wheels, aero bars, riding only on the tip of the saddle....oh the memories! At least I haven't started that running nonsense again!


However, don't let the shiny TT bike throw you off.....I still rock some MTB shoes complete with cleats and bits of Moab in all the cracks! That's style you can't buy!


And now for something completely random..... This quote has been floating around in my head all day, it's from "Let my people go surfing" which is a great book if you're ever looking for some reading material.

If you want to die the richest man, then just stay sharp. Keep investing. Don't spend anything. Don't eat any of the capital. Don't have a good time. Don't get to know yourself. Don't give anything away. Keep it all. Die as rich as you can....But you know what? I heard an expression that puts it well: There's no pocket on that last shirt.
- Susie Tompkins Buell

Yea....it's FRIDAY!!

4 comments:

ojulius said...

Is that a bike for the handicapped?

Carney said...

Kinda! :)

Jeff Kerkove said...

Have you gone mad!

Matt said...

I can't remember is it ok to have white bar tape before or after labor day?