Sunday, April 6, 2008

My 555 deal

Today I headed out with a goal of getting in some super hard intervals. Ya know....the kind where you're bleeding out of your eye sockets and involuntarily drooling out of the corner of your wide open mouth....good fun!! I headed south through Masonville and then headed up towards Estes Park, but not before stopping to admire some of the local sculpture work....or maybe it's just an old rusted out truck...

Need a lift??

Once on the way up to Estes Park I laid down 5 sets of 5 minutes on and 5 minutes off. The goal of each interval was to literally pin it the entire duration and finish just short of collapsing over the bars, yet keep the effort steady for the entire 5 minutes. After I finished the goal sets I continued to climb at a steady pace until I ran into this around Glen Haven....

Within 10 minutes the sun went under, the wind doubled in speed, and it started snowing. Time to head back down.

I finished up the ride with 67 miles in just over 3.5 hours. I'm completely spent now, but the legs should feel good by next weekend when I head down south to hit up the Dawn till Dusk 12 hr in Gallup NM. Should be a good time.

No comments: