Thursday, February 28, 2008

Squishy squish


Today I left the road tank and home, hopped on my squishy bike, and went in search of some primo dirt. I hit up the trails just west of town along the front range and cranked for a few hours while exploring the trail network. The weather was in the 60's I believe and I couldn't of asked for better conditions. The dirt was super fast and I was lovin it. Then about 3/4 the way through the ride I came full throttle around a downhill hairpin, clipped a pedal on a rock, then smacked a water bar and in super slow motion went over the bars....a fairly graceful crash considering the speed I was going. Anyway, my left brake lever landed on another water bar and snapped the lever off at the base. So for the rest of the ride the steeps were a hair sketchy...but I kept rockin. I made it back home about dark...wish I would of thrown on a light because I didn't want to stop.

Don't think duct tape and zip strips will fix this one

On Saturday it's supposedly going to be close to 70 here so I'm hoping to get a century up to Estes Park and beyond in....if not...it's up to Horsetooth park to scout out some trails...options, options...

Also, if you want some motivation, check out the updates of Mike C who is up in Alaska in the 1,100 mile iditabike race.....pure craziness

No comments: