Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Needed a shower anyway


Yesterday evening I decided to pack up the old trailer with my tent, a sleeping bag, and a good book and head out of town. I rode gravel up to the Sopers Mill singletrack and then rode that back into the woods to a campsite by Varnum's casa. I'm not even sure if it's a campsite, but hey, who can beat sitting by a fire reading a good book?? I was warm and cozy sleeping my bag under the stars, until about 4 am when I awoke to some light rain/mist. I quickly threw up my rainfly and tried to grab everything before it got too wet. At about 6 or so I packed up in the freezing mist and started the ride back to my brothers place. I wonder if I should of stopped by Varnums place and tried to score some bacon and eggs?? However by that time the weather had become a regular drizzle. I had a rain jacket, but still I managed to get my legs, feet, and hands soaked to the bone on the ride back. I was hoping for better weather in the morning to get a few hours of riding in before heading back to Ames, but oh well. There's no better way to start the day than on 2 wheels!!

No comments: