Thursday, May 10, 2007

Road Trip???

So, I am trying to figure out the first part of my summer and it looks like I might be spending some long hours in the car. My Bro is working in Grand Junction CO for the summer and I am going to go out with him and help him move in and play in the desert for a while before he has to actually start work. We are planning on doing lots of riding and our list so far includes:

Fruita:
Edge Loop
Flight of Icarus
Bookcliff Area (Free Camping and the trails start from the campsite!!)
Kokopelli Trail (parts)
The Ribbon

After all that we'll take a pit stop at Diorio's in Fruita for possibly the best pizza in the world...then drive 75 miles to Moab!

Moab Area:
Porcupine Rim (Favorite)
Amassa Back
Slickrock....again
Behind the Rocks?
Who knows what else??

Also we're planning on doing a 14er or two....perhaps Capital Peak or Maroon Peak. We are looking into the logistics of each.

Also, we can't go to Utah and not do some rock climbing...We have to hit up Wall Street and Ice Cream Parlor...maybe even head down to Indian Creek and get in some sweet crack climbing!!

Then after all that fun I am getting into my car with a keg of coffee and heading off on a killer drive....Moab to North Central Ohio to be at the start line for the Mohican 100 on June 2nd. It in no way will be a fun drive....lots of talk radio to keep me awake! So, that pretty much sums up the next 3 weeks of my summer....then who knows what...I'll just have to find a job at a bike shop somewhere?!?!

No comments: